It's amazing to me after so many years of lecturing about raw food, and teaching about nutrition, that people still are confused about what to eat.
Let's start with the basics:
- If you give the body what it needs, the building blocks, clean building blocks, it can do almost anything.
- It can prevent disease, it can relieve disease, it can anti-age -
- It can also self-sufficiently prevent flu, colds, sinus infections, headaches - all this I know from first-hand knowledge.
People always say that as you get older physical things get worse. That the body starts to break down.
Well for me, 17 years ago I was worse than today. I was dealing with so many petty little health issues:
- Constant sinus infections, constant sore throat, bloat, brittle hair and nails, terrible indigestion (acid reflux).
And today I have none of these issues.
17 years ago I lived on Afrin, Tums and, Tylenol to name a few of the over-the-counter drugs that I wouldn't leave home without.
Today I take none.
When people ask me how I did it - all I say is that I changed my diet. When I say I went raw - that's where I lose them. They get all flustered and frustrated and tell me they can't be as disciplined as I am. The amazing thing about my change of diet to raw was that I was able to eat more, I was never hungry, I was never feeling bad, and I always had energy.
And today raw is everywhere!
Once you know what to look for, you will be shocked at how readily available, delicious, and healing it is. Many people are raw vegan( The eat no animal products at all-that includes fish, honey, dairy products etc.) - I am not a vegan raw foodist.
- I eat fish i.e. tartare and carpaccio.
- I eat meat i.e. carpaccio and tartare.
- I also eat seared food - cooked on the outside but raw on the inside. Because I preach eating 75 to 95% raw.
- Bresola (air dried beef)
- Prosciutto (cured pork )
- Gravalox (cured salmon)
- (Yes-cured is raw)
- Real pickles - raw pickles. (yes I know you think your pickles are raw - they are not, they are cooked.)
- Coldpressed olive oil
- Udos choice oil
- Raw apple cider vinegar
These are just some of the staples that can immediately change how you feel.
I also had chocolate lava cake yesterday - all raw!
So the next time you're watching me eat my chocolate lava cake, and wondering how come I stay skinny, healthy, and happy eating so much, and such fabulous desserts - just remember: I eat raw!
Request your library to bring in my books to help you learn to eat raw, find recipes, understand why raw foods are more nutritious for you and to learn other protocols not mentioned in my blogs.
- Eating in the Raw
- Easy, Sexy Raw
- A Healthy You